Subject: shared library support?

shared library support?

From: Bill Janssen <janssen_at_parc.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:35:10 PDT

I've been working on some Rockbox browsers for ebooks, targeting the
G5 iPod. They use standard libraries, like libpng and zlib. I've
developed rockbox-able versions of these, and would like to bundle
them up as shared libraries instead of statically linking them into
each plugin. Is there any standard way to do this with Rockbox? Does
it even have the idea of shared libraries which applications (plugins)
use?

Incidentally, as part of this I've developed a malloc/free system for
plugins to use to manage the plugin buffer; it's almost impossible to
use the various standard libraries without malloc & free. I'll post
it after I've shaken it down a while longer.

Bill