Subject: Re: Option rework (was: Re: my next crazy idea... rework the menusystem)

Re: Option rework (was: Re: my next crazy idea... rework the menusystem)

From: gl <gl_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:38:20 +0100

First off, why not just have an 'Advanced' root menu entry, and store
qualifying settings there? That way nothing's hidden, just neatly
partitioned and still cleans up the rest.

Second, there are a whole bunch of settings that are set up once and then
never changed, and those can go into the Advanced or a similar dedicated
branch. For example, the disk shutting down completely. Surely nobody
needs to toggle this frequently. And even if they do, they can go into the
Advanced branch.

I see no point expecting people to edit config files when all you need is
some reorganisation to achieve the same thing.
--
gl