Subject: Re: gui_syncsplash unclear on dark backdrop; iriver H320

Re: gui_syncsplash unclear on dark backdrop; iriver H320

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 20:50:48 +0200

On 28.09.2006, Michael Sevakis wrote:

> I think the gray levels are individually adjustable on the
> tomato potato :) in the remote and I find the text itself a
> bit unclear on the splashes myself. Could use a gamma setting

The splash background being too dark on the X5 remote isn't a
problem caused by the LCD controller. The problem is that the X5
is the first target where two LCDs with a depth > 1 are
attached. The apps/gui code doesn't handle that well, and uses
LCD_LIGHTGRAY (the #define for the main LCD) for setting the
splash background on the remote LCD (where it should use
LCD_REMOTE_LIGHTGRAY). This maps to darkgray (by chance - could
have been black instead as well - urgh!).
Unfortunately I don't have a simple idea for fixing this...
Maybe TiMiD (the original author of the apps/gui code) has one.

Regards, Jens