Subject: IRAM patch and swapping codecs

IRAM patch and swapping codecs

From: Tomasz Malesinski <tmal_at_mimuw.edu.pl>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 00:05:52 +0100

Hi everyone.

I have two questions.

Iriver iFP has small amount of IRAM, so I need to put some things out
of it. I posted a patch (FS#5857) some time ago which controls what
goes to IRAM on different targets.

I simply define {ICODE,IBSS,IDATA}_ATTR_PURPOSE macros, which are
either defined to be empty or to Ixxx_ATTR. The defaults go to some
file specific to the purpose, the target specific settings go to
config-xxx.h

I need this patch, so I just wanted to ask if you would like it to be
different. If noone complains I will commit it.

The second thing is codec swapping. Do we really need two codec
buffers with voice turned on and one without the voice? With voice
turned off we do not need a buffer, with voice turned on one buffer
for the codec that is not in use is enough?

I may provide a patch for this, but I can't test it with the voice
enabled. I have too little RAM in iFP to run it with voice.

--
Tomek Malesinski