Subject: Re: how should the settings screen work?

Re: how should the settings screen work?

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:09:14 +0100

On 11/10/06, Simon M. <simon.me_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> It is not very intuituve to use RIGHT in the setting selection screen,
> because the selection screen is an end point of the settings tree, so
> it logically shouldn't go on with RIGHT. There was a post in the

I completely disagree.
On my h120, "right" selects. It selects in the filetree (select a
folder and open that or select a file), so it should work the same way
in the menu: "right" selects a list entry, and if it's a setting it
selects that. I don't see a point why "right" shouldn't do the same
thing as "select" in the menu, in fact, it's unintuitive to not
support "right" here. Choosing "right" on a selection simply accepts
the highlighted item, regardless of its content. Otherwise it would be
inconsistent.

(Of course, to be completely consistent "right" shouldn't select
anywhere, even in the file browser. But I'm strongly against removing
that functionality as it's pretty handy and "right" would have no use
in that case -- so no reason why not to use it for that.)

 - Dominik