Subject: Re: Suggestion: CVS Log RSS Feed

Re: Suggestion: CVS Log RSS Feed

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 23:16:08 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006, Andreas Gnau wrote:

> I think executing a script on sourceforge's servers is better than polling
> CVS all the time.

We don't use sourceforge's servers. But sure, it would be less bandwidth used
for the CVS-check if running on the CVS server itself, but then you'll need to
wait for the server admins to do this and... yeah, instead of helping out the
community and provide a service to people, you'd just add to our load and wait
for us to do more... And if such a RSS service gets popular, it'll be a net
gain to *not* host it on the CVS server itself!