Subject: Re: Code size?

Re: Code size?

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:53:07 -0600

One minor correction (unless I've misunderstood this): Rombox isn't just
loaded from ROM, it's executed from ROM. We can put Rockbox in ROM as a
compressed image, and load it to RAM for execution still, leading to a
faster boot time, but executing from ROM results in better battery life
since that increases the audio buffer available on the Archoses by a good
bit. (Is this right? Did I get something switche? Am I completely wrong and
hallucinating 'knowledge' again?)