Subject: Re: rockbox-recorder-20061122 - volume representation messed up

Re: rockbox-recorder-20061122 - volume representation messed up

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 04:07:48 -0600

Umm, the dB scale *IS* a bigger-is-louder settings. You start at negative
something, and as you increase toward (or on some players past) zero, the
volume gets louder. That is bigger is louder. I'm actually quite in favour
of the dB scale, because it's just as intuitive as the others numerically
(as the numbers get bigger, the volume is louder, assuming you understand
that -15 is bigger than -20, which is basic math), and also provides
functional information at the same time.