Subject: Re: rockbox-recorder-20061122 - volume representation messed up

Re: rockbox-recorder-20061122 - volume representation messed up

From: mat holton <mat_at_lessermatters.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:20:41 +0000

Steve B wrote:
>> ... how many hi-fi's have negative numbers next to the volume knob?
>>

> Mine does. ;-p

Yes. It does.

Mine doesn't. Actually it might do. I'll check when I get home.

Then why doesn't Spinal Taps?

You see, this is the problem when you let audiophiles or programmers
design User Interfaces. You have to look at things from the perspective
of someone who is not a programmer or Mathematician or Sound Engineer.
Hard, I know, for some people to lower themselves to such levels but the
results can be very good. It's unfortunate, but true that people expect
a 'dumbed down' interface for most things. I don't like it, I like to be
able to see what _I_ want to see, that's why I use GNU/Linux, that's why
I use rockbox. But some people would prefer, for example, a computer to
have one button that says "sort my life out" below it. Actually thinking
about it...