Subject: Re: rockbox-recorder-20061122 - volume representation messed up

Re: rockbox-recorder-20061122 - volume representation messed up

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 14:01:11 +0100

mat holton wrote:
> You see, this is the problem when you let audiophiles or programmers
> design User Interfaces.

Actually, the dB scale solves a very old issue on the Archos, namely the
question what volume to set to avoid clipping (0dB). The MAS chip can
set the volume above 0dB, you see.

In the old Rockbox version, the answer was 92% (if I recall correctly).
I think "0dB" conveys that information much better than "92%".

BTW, the same goes for iAudio X5 too, which can also go beyond 0dB.

Linus