Subject: Recording with H10 20GB

Recording with H10 20GB

From: Christian Demers <christian.demers_at_envirotel.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:01:50 -0500

Hi,

I am newly beginner developper with Rockbox. For now, I am trying to be
familiar with the code and my first goal is to do an automatic firmware with
the H10 to play and record files in a specific sequence at a specific time
for a business project.

What I want to know it's if someone is working now on the development of the
Recording features on the iRiver H10 20GB and who? I want to know if you
have some trick or help to begin with. For now I just tried to add the
HAVE_RECORDING features to the config-h10.h and try to remove all the error
when I am compiling and it's not an easy job when you are a newby like me.

After that, I have a new problem when I try to compile the daily source. At
the beginning I worked with the daily source of November 14th and was
working fine. This week I tried to work with the new one on November 21th
and I get that strange error.

This is what I get

cdemers_at_linux-ubuntu:~/Rockbox/build$ make
gcc -g rdf2binary.c -o rdf2binary
rdf2binary.c:24:23: error: sys/types.h: No such file or directory
rdf2binary.c:25:22: error: sys/stat.h: No such file or directory
rdf2binary.c:26:19: error: fcntl.h: No such file or directory
rdf2binary.c:27:20: error: string.h: No such file or directory
rdf2binary.c:28:19: error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
rdf2binary.c: In function "main":
rdf2binary.c:61: error: "FILE" undeclared (first use in this function)
rdf2binary.c:61: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
rdf2binary.c:61: error: for each function it appears in.)
rdf2binary.c:61: error: "in" undeclared (first use in this function)
rdf2binary.c:61: error: "idx_out" undeclared (first use in this function)
rdf2binary.c:61: error: "desc_out" undeclared (first use in this function)
rdf2binary.c:70: error: "NULL" undeclared (first use in this function)
rdf2binary.c:72: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function "fprintf"
rdf2binary.c:72: error: "stderr" undeclared (first use in this function)
rdf2binary.c:79: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without
a cast
rdf2binary.c:80: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without
a cast
rdf2binary.c:84: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function "fprintf"
rdf2binary.c:91: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function "strncpy"
rdf2binary.c:93: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function "fwrite"
rdf2binary.c:97: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function "strlen"
rdf2binary.c:101: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
make[1]: *** [rdf2binary] Error 1
make: *** [tools] Error 2

I verify where could be these files in the firmware, they are there.
I tried to copy them to different place (gcc, arm target folder, etc) and
No change.

So thank you for your attention

Christian Demers