Subject: Re: rockbox-recorder-20061122 - volume representation messed up

Re: rockbox-recorder-20061122 - volume representation messed up

From: Philipp Pertermann <perterm_at_vce.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 17:17:53 +0100

Linus Nielsen Feltzing schrieb:
> Actually, the dB scale solves a very old issue on the Archos, namely the
> question what volume to set to avoid clipping (0dB).

Also it makes life so much easier to have a well _define_ gain when you
chain up an Archos with other audio gear.
Ok, I admit: neither the normal user nor a sound professional will chain
up the Archos with other gear. The normal user doesn't have the gear and
the professional will avoid the analog output of this noise generator
like hell.

Phil