Subject: RE: rockbox-recorder-20061122 - volume representation messed up

RE: rockbox-recorder-20061122 - volume representation messed up

From: Christopher Woods <christof_at_infinitus.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:47:26 -0000

Should Rockbox come with a PDF of a measuring tape we can use to calculate
the circumference of our heads? Because as far as I know, every person hears
sound slightly differently from the next person... Resonant frequencies
dictated by head density, width between ears and overall shape, low-end and
high-end hearing ability rolloff due to age... My Dad perceives bass louder
than I do, and I hear more treble (the acknowledged
'you're-getting-crusty-in-your-old-age' factor).

... All these stats could lead to the inclusion of a bio-, horoscope- or
(even better) a love-match calculator in Rockbox! TRULY mainstream! (if my
old Nokia's 'bonus' features were anything to go by)