Subject: Re: Rockbox 2.5.1 for Archos Machines Updated

Re: Rockbox 2.5.1 for Archos Machines Updated

From: Neon John <jgd_at_neon-john.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 06:57:31 -0500

Tom, I've used your version since it came out and like it a lot.
Especially the non-persistent function key menus. Glad you're doing
this. Now if you'd just give me a one-key keyboard lock.... Say, a
long push of F3 or something like that.

John

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 19:05:42 +1300, Tom Cole <tcole_at_xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>If you visit the wiki page, you will see that this is a private
>unofficial build. It is not endorsed by the developers in any way.
>
>In the past there was some interest expressed by people wanting to use
>version 2.5.1 for their Archos machines, and the Rockbox developers
>allowed me to use the wiki to host the downloads.
>
>Recently, one of the developers advised me that I should provide the
>source as this was a requirement of the Rockbox GPL licence. As I had
>further developed my version for my own use I didn't have the source of
>the version on the wiki page anymore. To put things right I have
>provided new downloads plus the source as required.
>
>Users are free to use the 2.5.1 version if they want, or not, as the
>case may be. It's entirely their decision.
>

>On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 23:14:05 -0600, "Paul Louden" <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I thought Rockbox 2.5.1 was meant to only be 2.5 with the improved power
>>handling on Recorders and a few other bug fixes. At this point it seems to
>>be becoming a custom build. Shouldn't you at this point be striving to get
>>these updates into CVS Rockbox, rather than forking off the 2.5 codebase
>>still?
>>
>>I may be missiong something, but it seems that if continued development is
>>going to happen on this unofficial build, rather than it being a single
>>static updated to 2.5, it should be treated as all the other unofficial
>>builds rather than being hosted on the wiki in such a way.
>>
>>On 1/4/07, Tom Cole <tcole_at_xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have just updated the Rockbox 2.5.1 download for Archos machines to
>>> include the following:
>>>
>>> Rapid exit from the Menus is provided by holding the F1 key.
>>>
>>> Battery level accuracy is improved during the first minute after
>>> booting.
>>>
>>> The Off key can be used to exit from the Quick Menus.
>>>
>>> The Status Bar layout has been improved.
>>>
>>> Fade on Stop/Pause has less dead time, is more snappy.
>>>
>>> Source code is provided. This is a requirement of the
>>> Rockbox GPL licence.
>>>
>>> Downloads are from the Rockbox Wiki site. See
>>> http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/RockBox251
>>> for further details.

---
John De Armond
http://www.neon-john.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
Don't let your schooling interfere with your education-Mark Twain