Subject: Re: jdgordon: r12227 - in trunk/apps: . menus recorder

Re: jdgordon: r12227 - in trunk/apps: . menus recorder

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 10:33:39 +0100

On 2/8/07, Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/02/07, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, mailer_at_svn.rockbox.org wrote:
[lots of quotes with 3 lines of new text]

A bit off topic, but:
as we ask the "normal" poster on the mailing lists to trim quotes to
what's needed (and not post full quotes) IMO we should respect this
ourselves. You're quoting the _complete_ mail Daniel wrote, and that
makes it harder to find your comments -- IMO a mail shouldn't have
more quoted text than one wrote himself. To me, not cutting out
unneeded parts is just laziness on the part of the poster.

And, btw, separating your paragraphs with an empty line (like Daniel
did in his mail) helps finding them. This is not only easy to do (once
you get used to it this is like going automatically) but can safe the
reader a lot of time, especially if you're on a web client that
doesn't color quotes.

 - Dominik