Subject: Re: Optimizing plugin-shutdowns using threads

Re: Optimizing plugin-shutdowns using threads

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 23:40:39 +1100

> So the thread approach would be better for plugins?

only if there was a dedicated thread in the core for this... but I
dont think the wasted space needed for this would justify a 1second
speedup when exiting plugins.

_maybe_ if the plugin only had to write to 1 file, and it could
overwrite the whole file, and the data was less than say 2kb we could
setup the notify callback for plugins.. but I'm not sure if thats
really nice