Subject: Re: WPS tokenizer

Re: WPS tokenizer

From: Nicolas Pennequin <nicolas.pennequin_at_free.fr>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:44:00 +0100

I've updated the patch to support the RTC tag in a better way than in the
previous version. I had disabled it because it caused a crash on the sansa
(stack smashing...), and I wasn't very pleased with it. This time it's more
in the spirit of the tokenizer and should be (a very little bit) more
efficient on the rendering side.
The new version is here :
http://nicolas.pennequin.free.fr/rockbox/wps_tokenizer_rtc.patch

There was an interesting discussion on IRC on the possibility of moving the
parser code to a plugin. I think the idea makes sense because with this code
the parsing and the rendering are two totally separate things, and the
parsing is not done often. However I understand that WPS loading can be
considered a feature important enough to stay in the core. I just want to
hear more opinions about this before I start anything.