Subject: cygwin

cygwin

From: User Name <yohanes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:00:25 +0700

daniel dalton writes:
> ../tools/configure: line 1471: m68k-elf-gcc: command not found
> WARNING: The compiler you must use (m68k-elf-gcc) is not in your path!
> WARNING: this may cause your build to fail since we cannot do the
> WARNING: checks we want now.
>
> Does anyone know what my problem is or what I could try to do to fix
> this?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Cheers
> Daniel

From the message, it is either:
- you didn't select the correct package at step 3 (http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/CygwinDevelopment), you should select m68k-elf-gcc and m68k-elf-binutils

Make sure that 'm68k-elf-gcc' exists somewhere in your disk (try to find it using windows explorer). If you can't find it, it is likely that you haven't selected the correct packages.

Or:

- You didn't follow step 4 correctly
Make sure that when you type m68k-elf-gcc at the shell, it says 'no input files' (if is says 'command not found' then path setting is wrong). I don't use Cygwin, so I don't know where the cross compilers are installed (but you should find the location by using the windows explorer to search for export m68k-elf-gcc.

The page http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/CygwinDevelopment says that it should be in /opt/m68k/bin, but the next example shows that it might be at /usr/local/m68k/bin.

--
Regards
Yohanes