Subject: Re: last points before loadable icons can be commited

Re: last points before loadable icons can be commited

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 17:35:47 +0200

On 4/15/07, Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Firstly, does anyone (well... committers really) object to the patch ? (FS#7013)

I haven't looked into it much so just a few comments of mine ...

> The way (i think) I'd like it done is to move the icon setting out of
> viewers.config and leave it completely up to themers to choose which
> icon is used by which plugin. (so if we do this, we have to supply a
> config file for the default set, which is fine by me)

How about keeping the current way the viewer icons are stated in
viewers.config as a fallback? Or is this not feasible due to added
complexity and code size?

> The other point is how do we supply the actual viewers bmp? do we just
> use one of the build scripts to put a [remote_]viewers.bmp file (and
> [remote_]viewers.icons file) in the /.rockbox/icons folder? and if so,
> do we use buildzip.pl or wpsbuild.pl (not that it really matters...
> but...)

What would be the other option? We already have a couple of external
files Rockbox relies upon, so adding another shouldn't be a problem,
especially as Rockbox doesn't need the icons to run. Not sure which
script is best to handle the files, but if we agree on moving out the
themes from the svn build (see other mail of me) we should have a way
to include the files needed for the default theme -- maybe by adding a
"defaultonly" option to wpsbuild.pl?

How about binary sizes with the current version? I have seen some
values in the comments of that task but it looks like it changed a bit
since then. Can you provide some updated values or are they still
similar to that ones?

 - Dominik