Subject: Re: Improving simulator

Re: Improving simulator

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 16:02:17 +0200

On 5/10/07, Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Just thought of the plugins ... look at this, this is quite interesting too:
> $ grep -R SIMULATOR apps/plugins/ | wc -l
> 229

Hehe, seems we fell into the same trap: find (and grep -R too) also
finds the hidden special files put there by svn. So, repeating the
counting but leaving out all files that include .svn in the path, I
get this values with current svn:

$ find firmware/ | grep -v .svn | xargs grep SIMULATOR | wc -l
342
$ find apps/ | grep -v .svn | xargs grep SIMULATOR | wc -l
365
$ find apps/plugins/ | grep -v .svn | xargs grep SIMULATOR | wc -l
125

which makes the values somewhat nicer. Not that it changes the problem
itself, but IMO this isn't that much a problem with that values
(grepping for #ifdef in apps/ finds nearly 4000 lines ;-)

 - Dominik