Subject: Re: Interface fundamental proposition.

Re: Interface fundamental proposition.

From: Simon M. <simon.me_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 20:43:56 +0200

On 5/29/07, Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> >But for me the core is only cursor movement, menu, select, play.
>
> I hate to say it, but you're either contradicting yourself with that
> statement, or not understanding me: The 'menu' button, as you
> mentioned, isn't honored on the Sansa because it's also the power
> button, and the quick menu has been removed from it. That 'core'
> button doesn't work the same on the Sansas.

I know that my 'core' isn't implemented completely on the Sansas. But
it almost is. The quickmenu doesn't belong to the core, imho, and I
think that it should be replaced with something more useful (maybe a
list where users can put their favourite menu items in?)
Having Power and Menu on the same button is not a bad thing, on the
irivers, the play button is also the power button.

Bye the way, I am left handed, too. I use the middle joint of my thumb
to reach the power button. For me the Sansa is easier to navigate with
(only) the left hand than my H120.
I don't have much experience with the sansa, I only used it a few hours yet.