Subject: Re: Proposal - Rockbox Maintainers

Re: Proposal - Rockbox Maintainers

From: Michael Sevakis <jethead71_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 18:18:19 -0400

I think anything I touch becomes something noone else wants to work on :P. I
expect though that I'm still allowed to work on anything that sparks
interest or fix bugs that I find annoying. ;)

A brief list of some major things few or noone other than myself ever
maintained since I got into it:

* SWCODEC recording (mostly the middleware layer and codec aspect, not the
screen itself)

* threading (much to do here yet regarding proper mutex usage throughout
rockbox, implementing dual core for real but for PP5020 problems)

* threading/queueing aspects of the kernel

* a good lump of DSP, especially the CF assembly sections

* PCM buffer and PCM HAL (much waiting here but for PP5020 of course, auto
core-selecting pcm playback, major HAL improvement in general and one I'd
like in place before gigabeat S is on the list too)

Really, as long as I am able to work on rockbox, I'm willing to maintain any
of my own code I ever contribute or introduce via accepted patches. The goal
is usually to introduce something in a form that requires little maintenence
and is flexible enough to allow future ports to just "plug in" to it with
little new work.