Subject: Re: cygwin packages instalation with jaws and a few other questions

Re: cygwin packages instalation with jaws and a few other questions

From: Andrew Hart <ahart_at_dim.uchile.cl>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:30:20 -0400

Tyler W wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to instal cygwin to compile patches and such, however,
> I'm having a slight problem.
> WhenI go to try and select various packages, i can't find the listbox,
> condo box- or anything else that says to select a package- so I searched
> on the mailing list and found something about graphics labeling. I've no
> experience with this, so if there's any blind users using cygwin that
> were able to select the various packages with jaws required to compile
> and such, I"D appreciate it.

[snip rest]

Tyler,

Yes. That was I who wrote about the graphics labelling. If you are
using a video card set to 32-bit colour depth and 1024x768 resolution,
my JAWS graphics file will probably work for you. I recommend you
contact me off-list if you want it. I needed sighted assistance
initially to figure out which graphics needed labelling, but once I had
done that, I was able to perform a fairly minimal Cygwin installation by
only selecting the packages I wanted and then set up a Rockbox
development environment. Mind you, it's still not pretty to do, because
it's all pure mouse work with the JAWS cursor.

Cheers,
Andrew.