Subject: Re: New port, question about hidden partitions

Re: New port, question about hidden partitions

From: Will Robertson <aliask_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 22:33:15 +1000

On 8/3/07, Jacob Rau <jacob.rau_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I cannot see any place online where firmware files are available--this might
> mean bad news for me. I suppose there is probably a way to re-write the
> chip, even if it isn't inside the player.

As far as I could see, there aren't any firmware updates for it
online. Is there any method of upgrading the firmware mentioned in the
manual (or in the firmware itself)?
Without a way to upload your code, a rockbox port becomes much more
difficult - you'd have to start searching for buffer overflows and the
like.

> Where is a good source for datasheets? Should I be trying the manufacturer
> first? I've just been Googling like mad.

If the manufacturer's website doesn't have the datasheet, you can
occaisionally find them on sites dedicated to hosting datasheets. But
yes, googling like mad helps. :)