Subject: Re: developing rockbox and updating patches

Re: developing rockbox and updating patches

From: Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 19:30:34 +0200

Daniel Dalton wrote:

> I am using cygwin on windows. So it takes me about 15 minutes to
> build rockbox when compiling. If I am just editing a couple of files
> what is the best way to do this?

Only a full build takes that long. After that, only the changed files
are compiled (but if you change a file that is used by most/all code,
that would cause an almost full build), which is significantly
faster. For me, that usually takes around 10 seconds with Cygwin. Not as
fast as Linux, but not too bad, IMHO.

   Magnus