Subject: Re: Voicefont issues

Re: Voicefont issues

From: Nils <deathtoallhumans_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 18:59:02 +0200

On 8/6/07, Davy Kager <mail_at_davykager.nl> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I read about the change to language v2 and thus I decided to build a new
> voicefile for my player. However, I encountered some problems that I'd like
> to share so maybe someone can point me to the right direction.
> First, the voicefont-program from the howto is obsolete and the voicefiles
> created with it don't run on the recent daily builds (obviously?). So I
> downloaded the tarball and tried to compile the voicefont.c file (with
> Microsoft Visual C++). That executable runs, but gives quite some errors.
>
> Will the newest voicefont be available from the howto? Or is there no need
> to get any new version of it? And finally, is the voice handling now stable
> so I don't have to create a new voicefile next week to follow the changes?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Davy

The VoiceBuilding<http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/VoiceBuilding>
page has been updated and corrected and does now provide an updated version
of voicefont executable for windows.
The voice format should now be stable for a while, any remaining issues
should not require format changes, I can however not guarantee anything.

Also we do now provide new voice files built daily on the site, these are
generated with festival but are of descent quality.

Nils