Subject: Re: lack of responsiveness

Re: lack of responsiveness

From: Tapio Kelloniemi <spammi.helevetti_at_nbl.fi>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:45:23 +0300

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 09:37:44AM +0200, Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> David wrote:
> >There is a lack of responsiveness when skipping songs. I'm listening
> >music, press next key and the hdd have to start up. The old songs is
> >still playing. I've no info what happens, so I press next button again. I
> >think this is quite confusing.
>
> I agree completely. The music should stop immediately to provide feedback.

Well, there is the beep option which one can turn on, if feedback is
desired. Stopping playback would just introduce few seconds of unnecessary
silence. Then skipping multiple tracks would not sound very comfortable.

Perhaps the beep should be relative to current volume (if it already isn't).
So beep_volume would be beep_volume_factor * current_volume_factor. Perhaps a
new option (quiet) could be added to the beep volume setting; IMHO strong is
already strong enough for everybody.

--
Tapio