Subject: Re: Licensing and Copyright Issues

Re: Licensing and Copyright Issues

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:18:44 +0200

> Are the DRM clauses still in the GPLv3? I personally do not
> like DRM and I would rather it have never come about, but in
> the off chance that a company really decided that they liked
> the project and wanted to use it as their primary firmware,

I would be happy to see any of my contributed code relicensed
under GPLv3, exactly *because* of the clauses in it which should
prevent both TiVoization and usage for DRM purposes.

Imho, if a company would like to use Rockbox for their product,
then they would have to accept this, even if that means lowering
the chance of rockbox becoming used commercially.

Just my EUR 0.02

Regards, Jens