Rockbox mail archiveSubject: gui_synclist_do_button() changes
From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 00:26:12 +1000
So I got my m:robe 500 today which is a touchscreen player and I
started working in the sim to get the mouse going, and it worked
nicely, but the changes I had to make weren't very clean.
So, can anyone see a problem with the attached patch?
What it does is change gui_synclist_do_button() to return true if the
action is handled by that function or false otherwise (instead of
returning the action code of the handled action), and it also changes
the action param to unsigned * so the function can modify it (required
by I think 3 calls in total).
The reason this is needed is because the list is used in most of the
UI the touchscreen code would need to get called once for every button
event in a list, and this call can either be in the list code itself,
or in every list loop in the code...
I tested the tree, menu and settings, and the other ones should work,
but not tested (one of the reasons ive written this up...)
imho its a bit cleaner anyway, so unless there are any objections I'll
probably commit it.
last thing, I just realised their is non-latin letters being fudged
which I'll obviously fix before committing, and plugin API version
will need bumping.
P.S incase anyone asks, using the mouse in the sim is, well..
different :) only the lists are working, but it does work great and
makes it feel more like a possible stand alone app instead of just a