Subject: x5v users: help needed for Rockbox Utility

x5v users: help needed for Rockbox Utility

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 00:20:50 +0200

Hi,

Rockbox Utility (http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/RockboxUtilityQt), the
upcoming installer and housekeeping tool for Rockbox has now device
detection based on the USB IDs. This makes it possible to detect a
much greater number of players. Unfortunately we don't have any
information about the PID of the X5V and if it differs between the x5
and x5v. If you own an x5v you could help us improving autodetection
by checking the PID (which is really easy!) of your x5v -- if it
differs to the x5 we have a way to reliably distinguish between those
players, if not we might need to implement another (uglier) solution
to avoid bad surprises.

If you have an x5v and would like to help us, just go to
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/DeviceDetection and follow the steps on
how to find out the VID and PID values as written on that page.
Optimally, you'll add the result to the wiki yourself, but feel free
to email me if you like this better. You can also try to catch me in
IRC (I'm usually around in the evening hours, CET).

Thanks for your help!

 - Dominik