Subject: Re: question about lang files

Re: question about lang files

From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:06:54 +1100 (EST)

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007, alex wallis wrote:

> But supposing the option isn't voiced in the first place.
> i'm guessing we can't just add entrys to the lang file.
> i mean for example if i want to add an entry so rockbox announces the option

I have told you before. Its not as easy as just modifying english.lang.
You need to call the id with one of the talk functions like talk_id to
make the voice clip be played.
And you obviously have to put the talk function in the right spot.

What your asking may be possible if
-The entry is a splash screen and uses ID2p
-String already exists.

Then filling in the voice string will work.

Please take a look at
FS#7682
and
FS#7561 (Look at pm and am)