Subject: Re: IDE to ZIF adapter available, Iriver with 80GB MK8009GAH

Re: IDE to ZIF adapter available, Iriver with 80GB MK8009GAH

From: Ben Cole <benime_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 18:28:32 +0000 (UTC)

john <ruttmannn <at> gmx.de> writes:

> Hi Linus
>
> > I am willing to give it a shot. How can I get hold of such an adapter?
>
> Excellent. I guess that means it will actually happen to work. Thanks.
>
> In that case I would order a couple of adapters (they also have quite
> high shipping rates) and then send you one.
>
> Anyone else interested in an adapter, so we can save some money with
> quantity discounts? Maybe I should ask over at the normal rockbox
> mailing list. At least this adapter works with all drives up to the
> MK8009GAH with the current firmware (rockbox and original firmware)
> for sure and I am very optimistic rockbox will support the MK8009GAH
> in the future.
>
> cu
> John

I'm a little late to the game as I mostly just hang out on the forums for
rockbox and iriver, but I'm definitely interested in purchasing an IDE->ZIF
adapter. As long as I could get it for under 60USD with shipping, it would be
worth it to me to have something manufactured by a reputable company as opposed
to a CF card/ZIF cable I've hacked up.

As for testing, I'd be happy to help test out with patches. My programming
knowledge is pretty limited, but I'd be happy to help out in whatever way I can.

Ben