Subject: Re: The Nike(plus) Protocol

Re: The Nike(plus) Protocol

From: Andrew Wyer <davandron_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 10:11:58 -0600

David,

I hadn't see that product; thanks for linking it. I can't tell from the
picture, does it go between the ipod and a dock, or does it replace the
dock? It looks like its a serial-to-ipod adapter.

Will,

Thanks for the link, I had run across that wiki article. Yes, the Nike+ does
use the accessory protocol, but in Mode 9, which nothing else uses and
hasn't been documented. Based on the work of some others (The U Wash guys,
and a post on a forum) I've started to get some of the details in place.
Actually, the UW guys have probably already done much of the work I will
need to perform, but I've been unsuccessful in getting a hold of them.

All,

I'll go ahead and set up an online repository / wiki page to capture the
information that I have discovered by research and inspection. Again, I
appreciate the help, especially guidance in understanding the firmware.

-Andrew