Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: running a build server

Re: running a build server

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:48:26 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, alex wallis wrote:

> I have a few questions about running a build server. Firstly i'm running win
> xp, so does that put me out of the picture straight away for being able to
> run a build server?

Yes, unless you run a VM with a linux for the build server on the same
machine.

> Secondly, I have a very patched version of rockbox code on my computer,

The build server's code and workings is entirly separated from whatever you
work on. And also, most Rockbox developers have many SVN tree checkouts with a
range of various work/patches applied in different trees. That's just
"business as usual".