Subject: question about a command in cygwin

question about a command in cygwin

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 22:11:23 -0000

Hi list.
I hope you don't mind me asking this question. but i'm having a slight
problem with cygwin, and was hoping someone might no what the problem might
be.
Today i managed to install quilt into my copy of cygwin, however I didn't
use the installer to download the package, only to install it. As far as i
can tell quilt installed ok, as what i did was i downloaded the package
manually from a mirror ftp after looking in the setup ini file to see what
all its ddependencies were and downloading them as well. Then i simply got
the setup to reinstall all the dev packages locally from a folder already
present on my computer this of course installed quilt as well.
This meant i didn't have to try messing around with trying to select the
package from within the dev catagory as we all no how horrible cygwin
installation is with speech.
however when i try to use quilt i get the following error.
/usr/share/quilt/push: line 275: getopt: command not found
Can someone suggest what I might be missing and need to download in order to
get it working?
Thanks for your help.
Alex.