Subject: Re: GSOC application question

Re: GSOC application question

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:16:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008, Laszlo Szilagyi wrote:

> I've heard about the "Google Summer Of Code", and the projects Rockbox
> offers caught my attention. As my main specialization is digital signal
> processing, I'm mostly interested in tasks covering this field.

You sound like a perfect candidate!

> before I send my application I would like to know if my qualification is
> sufficient for the various tasks. Of course I'm open to some embedded work
> as well, but what I really like is the DSP... :)

[...]

> With this background what can you recommend me, before I create my
> application?

I'd say that with that kind of background and interest, there should be
nothing that prevents you from becoming a very good Rockbox contributor and
gsoc student. I would suggest that you write up an application for the project
you think would be the most fun, challanging and perhaps most popular in the
Rockbox community and submit that. You can in fact submit more than one should
you want to offer us alternatives to pick from.

Oh, and please read this:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/GSoCApplicationTemplate2008

We will of course provide the mentors that will help guiding you in the mazes
of Rockbox soruce codes and architectures.