Subject: Re: GSOC application question

Re: GSOC application question

From: Laszlo Szilagyi <laszlo.szilagyi.home_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:25:59 +0200

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Michael Sevakis <jethead71_at_sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> Dear Laszlo Szilagyi,
>
> One item that has been discussed much is the implementation of a high
> quality resampler for the Rockbox DSP. While the linear interpolation
> algorithm is fast and perhaps nescessary to use in certain circumstances
> for
> certain CPU-hungry codecs such as the SPC emulator, most find it less than
> satisfactory in general for reasons I have no doubt you understand.
>
> Rockbox needs a better resampler than that is both frugal on CPU cycles
> (this can depend on the target's processing power) and qualifies as
> high-quality output.
>
> Your qualifications and interests indicate you would be a good candidate
> for
> this project. It would be great if you would consider it as a possibility.
>
> Sincerely,
> Michael Sevakis (jhMikeS)

Dear Michael Sevakis!

The resampling project you mentioned interests me, my current "labor work"
in this semester is partly about resampling (a digital down converter design
and implementation on FPGA, using CIC-filters and CIC-compensating FIR
filters).

Would you give me a more specific definition of the project?

Sincerely,

Laszlo Szilagyi