Subject: Re: building bootloader from source (h300)

Re: building bootloader from source (h300)

From: Matthias Mohr <Matthias_at_mohrenclan.de>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 16:32:42 +0200

Hi Linus,

> The thing is that the current SVN bootloader still has issues with some
> hard drives, and I don't want to release a bootloader that doesn't work.
And the released bootloader don't have this issues?
- If they also have the issues, the SVN bootloader should still be better than
    the old release - so making a new release would not solve all issues, but
    it would still be nice to have solved some of the problems in the released
    bootloader.
- If they don't have the issues - an analysis of the differences could
    possibly show where the problem is.

> Unfortunately, none of my players experience this problem, so I am
> depending on others to resolve this issue.
If the risk of bricking my device isn't big (or if it's possible for me to reanimate
a bricked H300) I would try to put a current SVN version of the bootloader on
my device...

Matthias