Subject: Re: building bootloader from source (h300)

Re: building bootloader from source (h300)

From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 17:48:53 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, XavierGr wrote:

> On 07/04/2008, Daniel Dalton <d.dalton_at_iinet.net.au> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 6 Apr 2008, XavierGr wrote:
>>
>> Does that revission contain any bugs what so ever in the bootloader code?
>> Like does it work with all the different hard drives or whatever?
>>
>> Or has this bug been introduced?
>> If it worked fine for everyone, then couldn't we just find the rev that
>> contained the bug and revert the diff? Or look for errors in the diff?
>

> Actually you are among those users Daniel, I gave you a prepatched firmware
> with this bootloader in IRC some weeks ago.

Uh... Yep, with the alarm stuff... I lost the file, however, I'll just get
one and scramble... (when I need it...)

It was more than some weeks ago though... :-)

> The bug that petur encounters is still there, but AFAIK it only appears with
> an 80GB drive.

Well are there any revisions it works perfectly with?
If so then we could just look at the diffs and perhaps track down
errors...?

> What equipment is needed? And what is the process of unbricking a h300?
>> Is it a long and complicated process...?
>

> I would say forget it. Even sighted people will have trouble doing it. I,
> for myself, don't have either the equipment needed or the knowledge.

Yes I will 'forget it' since after reading other posts I don't think I
have much of a chance...

Perhaps I should just stick to voice UI hacks... :-)
I just got to find the time for rockbox though, I have other projects I
want to start and work on.
So I think it will be a while before I can test and update and then start
coding...

--
Daniel Dalton
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/