Subject: Re: Evil ads

Re: Evil ads

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 08:06:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Jonas Häggqvist wrote:

> This is absolutely one of the things I hate most about ads.

The ads are only present on the site because we think the amount of money they
bring is far from insignificant and thus they will help us improve Rockbox and
Rockbox-related events.

If we (the entire Rockbox community "we") don't think it is worth it we can
cancel the contract. This has been discussed and I've got the impression that
a majority is for the ads.

So, I really really cannot agree with these ads being evil by any means.