Subject: Re: Evil ads

Re: Evil ads

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:22:08 +0200

On 17.04.2008, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> If we (the entire Rockbox community "we") don't think it is
> worth it we can cancel the contract. This has been discussed
> and I've got the impression that a majority is for the ads.

I cannot remember when this discussion took place, certainly not
this year. In fact I was very surprised to see ads on the front
page, especially as they started appearing on April 1st...

> So, I really really cannot agree with these ads being evil by
> any means.

Personally I think that ads are bad in general, and I'd rather
go without the extra money than put ads on a website.

These specific ads have an extra drawback - AdBlock Plus doesn't
filter them. At least they're not eye-hurting flashing graphics.

Just my EUR 0.02

Regards, Jens