Subject: Devcon location (was Re: Devcon in Sweden again?)

Devcon location (was Re: Devcon in Sweden again?)

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:39:26 +0200

On 17.04.2008, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>> 28-29th of June

> Seeing we have no other alternatives presented, I would like
> to suggest we gather for devcon in Stockholm Sweden this
> specific weekend.

There's still the option to have Devcon in Berlin, as mentioned
in the wiki and on IRC. Here are some quick pros and cons as I
see them:

Pros

- new location (Stockholm already hosted Devcon twice)
- located quite central, with no problem going out for a meal or
  even do some necessary shopping on Sunday.
- large conference rooms (this year's Devcon might become larger
  than the last ones)

Cons

- The place isn't suitable for sleeping (mostly offices and
  conference rooms, no shower etc)
- Hotel/ hostel rooms might be somewhat more expensive because
  of the central location.
- Only one rockboxer is working there (me), so no backup plan
  in case something goes wrong.

The location has a sufficiently fast and redundant internet
connection etc.

The exact location would be the place where I work, the
headquarter of VAMED Deutschland (www.vamed.de),
Schicklerstr. 5-7, D-10179 Berlin

The chaos computer club has a nice list of hotels, hostels and
other possible accomodations in that area (almost matches
literally as the Berlin Congress Center is only ~1km away):
http://events.ccc.de/congress/2007/Accommodation
There's also the option to rent guest apartments nearby.

Regards, Jens