Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Devcon location (was Re: Devcon in Sweden again?)
Devcon location (was Re: Devcon in Sweden again?)
From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:39:26 +0200
On 17.04.2008, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>> 28-29th of June
> Seeing we have no other alternatives presented, I would like
> to suggest we gather for devcon in Stockholm Sweden this
> specific weekend.
There's still the option to have Devcon in Berlin, as mentioned
in the wiki and on IRC. Here are some quick pros and cons as I
- new location (Stockholm already hosted Devcon twice)
- located quite central, with no problem going out for a meal or
even do some necessary shopping on Sunday.
- large conference rooms (this year's Devcon might become larger
than the last ones)
- The place isn't suitable for sleeping (mostly offices and
conference rooms, no shower etc)
- Hotel/ hostel rooms might be somewhat more expensive because
of the central location.
- Only one rockboxer is working there (me), so no backup plan
in case something goes wrong.
The location has a sufficiently fast and redundant internet
The exact location would be the place where I work, the
headquarter of VAMED Deutschland (www.vamed.de),
Schicklerstr. 5-7, D-10179 Berlin
The chaos computer club has a nice list of hotels, hostels and
other possible accomodations in that area (almost matches
literally as the Berlin Congress Center is only ~1km away):
There's also the option to rent guest apartments nearby.
Received on 2008-04-18