Subject: RE: Devcon location (was Re: Devcon in Sweden again?)

RE: Devcon location (was Re: Devcon in Sweden again?)

From: Peter D'Hoye <peter.dhoye_at_telenet.be>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 10:10:56 +0200

> >> There's still the option to have Devcon in Berlin
>
> > And you'd be fine with that same date?
>
> Yes. In fact, "end of June" is what I mentioned when asking
> for permission to use the location for devcon. I don't have
> special preferences regarding the date, as long as it's set
> long enough in advance.
>
> Unfortunately there's no public holiday in Berlin (which
> could be used for extending devcon) between May 12
> (whitsuntide) and October 3 (German national holiday).

I have added a little table in the wiki so people can vote for a location...
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/DevConEuro2008#Location_voting

I only provided first and second choice as I assume that those on the list
will show up anyway ;)
We need the decision urgently so people can start booking plane tickets and
hotel rooms.

Should we also send a mail on the users list (or put a message on the
website) that people can send in affordable adresses to stay (or even offer
a room)?

Peter