Subject: Re: Booting from hidden partition on e280R

Re: Booting from hidden partition on e280R

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 23:47:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008, Alex Zajac wrote:

> 5. I renamed "bootloader.bin" to "BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom" and copied it
> over to the recovery disk.
> 6. I decrypted the rhapsody firmware with mi4code and copied it over as
> "pp5022.mi4".

This seems like a pretty complicated and low-level attempt of doing things...

> My e280R boots fine, but I still get the "Invalid file format!" error when
> booting from the hidden partition.

... so how come you didn't simply check the code for where/why this happens
and add some debug outputs that give more details? AFACS, there's only two
possible reasond for that output and once you figure out which specific one
that happens for you, I would expect that to be a pretty good clue!