Subject: Re: what to do about bookmarks?

Re: what to do about bookmarks?

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 07:16:12 +0100

> As has been mentioned, the playlist control file doesnt contain the
> playlist, it contains the instructions to rebuild it, so for pretty
> much all playlists except DB it will load very quickly (DB really
> needs to be fixed to be properly resumable)

I'd think it would be possible to extend the playlist_control file to add a
PLAYLIST_COMMAND_BOOKMARK command for storage of bookmark(s). I suppose
they'd only make sense when appended to the playlist construction, so you'd
have a (fast) constructed playlist in memory anyway.

There should be no fundamental difference between a database selection and a
file selection - in both cases it's soon boiled down to a list of filenames
ready for use by PLAYLIST_COMMAND_ADD/_QUEUE. Or have I missed something?

pondlife