Subject: Re: Title case or sentence case?

Re: Title case or sentence case?

From: XavierGr <xaviergr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:50:27 +0300

2008/8/18 Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>

> I think that both in terms of readability, and in terms of user
> expectation, title case is appropriate for the names of menu options. As
> well, in the case of Rockbox menu options, they are (or can be used as)
> proper nouns. If I mention Playback Settings it's extremely clear I'm
> referring to the menu entry, and not just some general cloud of options that
> relate to playback.

Well, IMHO readability is not an issue. The difference between "Playback
Settings" and "Playback settings" is minimal and even to the "title
case"-used eye, it makes sense.

If we go for title case we will have to choose which strings should use it
and what type.
Even if it is not as complicated as you say I don't find a reason to not
just stick to sentence case. Title case is just a habit and yes I am one
used to it too, but I find it easier to maintain sentence case.