Subject: Re: Ipod nano 1st gen, 4 GB

Re: Ipod nano 1st gen, 4 GB

From: Francisco Vila <paconet.org_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:55:10 +0200

2008/8/22 Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 3:30 AM, Francisco Vila <paconet.org_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I own an ipod nano 1st gen with 4GB. This model doesn't seem to be supported.
>
> I also own a 1st gen 4GB nano (black) which is running RockBox at the
> very moment. There is certainly no general lack of support.
>
> ~lImbus

Mine is white, probably that's why it doesn't work :-D :-D

Last time I looked, this was the situation: (my question is if this
has changed since then)

Faulty playback on Ipod Nano 4Gb 1st Gen (Read 6061 times)
http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=11817.90

Latest Rockbox not working on Nano (Read 9817 times)
http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=11504.165
>People that want a workaround for this will have to do it themselves... etc

People with a 4gb nano, which RB did not work anymore for, probably
will have unsuscribed from the list after reading this:

>As has been pointed out *many* times, the change isn't going to be reverted, and until someone with a problem Nano either fixes it or lends it to a dev to work on, it isn't likely to get fixed.
>Especially considering the fact that some people have reported still experiencing the problem even with the mhz rolled back to 78 (or even 75 if some of the reports are accurate) meaning you're still in the same situation: "The problem is here, and it affects some people but not all."
>Yes, that is very weird if Rockbox used to work for those people. Non consistent behaviour is very unfortunate!
>Please continue discussion here: http://forums.rockbox.org...index.php?topic=11504.135

where BTW there is no solution pointed:
>People that want a workaround for this will have to do it themselves.
>From what I can see, the clock was upped to 80MHz for no real solid reason other than "technically and theoretically it can be done". People then reported that is caused problems and the change was not reverted. This is the first time I've seen this happen on Rockbox.
>I am also going to close this thread - as the signal is getting lost amongst the noise. The same questions keep getting asked again and again, probably because of the eleven pages of thread.

(nov '07)

r13990 is the last that worked for me. Anyway, I'll give current build
a new try.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org