Subject: Recording plugin

Recording plugin

From: Lees, Christian <Christian.Lees_at_dsto.defence.gov.au>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 14:51:18 +1000

I am writing a wav recording plugin for an Iriver H10, I need to be able
to schedule records which is why I am writing one not just using the
record app, for example it will record for 30 seconds every 10 minutes.
I've been attempting to get pcm_record_data to work, it isn't clear what
the callback is meant to be. All I can find is its typedef and there
doesn't seem to be any other plugins tat record using the plugin api.
Has anyone got any pointers on using this method.

Other then using the plugin api I have considered hijacking the IIS
interface and using a similar method to the wavrecord plugin. This may
be how I will go about it anyway since I would like to support 24bit and
96kHz which the codec is capable of. Would this be the more suitable
method of doing this? I could recycle some code from pcm_pp.c and the
driver for the WM8731.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Christian

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.