Subject: Re: Patch review

Re: Patch review

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:56:18 +0200

Marc Guay wrote:
> Just a quick idea to throw out there: The steering board has a weekly
> patch review meeting where they take a popular patch that's been
> sitting in the tracker for a while (multifont, bmp resize, snc viewer,
> etc), give it a thorough analysis,

A "patch of the week" effort is an interesting idea, but I don't see why the steering board should be doing it. The steering board is our conflict-resolution institution, not "the guys who do the real work".

I'd much prefer a POTW meeting in the irc channel, on a fixed time, with everyone interested attending. Hopefully that also includes the patch author. Someone could be appointed secretary/summarizer and post the consensus/result back in the tracker task.

Steps required to make this happen:

a) select a patch to be reviewed
b) select a time for the meeting
c) announce it on this mailing list