Subject: Re: Patch review

Re: Patch review

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:32:54 +1000

2008/10/3 Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>:
> I'm not so sure. There's a list of patches that get brought up, again and
> again, and are considered (by many) the most important ones. Bitmap resize,
> Multifont, Viewport Lists,

These arnt in because they arnt done "correctly"

> If we asked authors "post the patch to the tracker, but if you think it's
> ready and aren't receiving comments, and are willing to address any
> problems, bring it to us on the mailing list" it provides a way for *every*
> patch to get extra attention, and at the same time we'd see if there are
> volunteers to actually fix it or not.

There is nothing stopping people doing this currently, I have tried
this a few times and get little extra attention. Also it will
encourage people to not both with the tracker, they might just post to
the ml. Or you start having the same discussions in 2 places.

Something we could try is if we can agree on a few patches which we
definatly want in, is link them prominently on the front page
somewhere? "The community is currently trying to get these patches
into svn. If you can help please do so!"...?

Jonathan